With age one gets more experience working with the bee colony, but every year it gets harder to manipulate with the hives. Nowadays also younger people are frequently suffering from back problems, mostly due to office work. The beekeeper can lift 100 kg of load by using only 10 kg of force.
As the name Apihelper suggest, it’s “the beekeeper’s assistant”. The device enables managing hives more efficiently with less physical effort. And this is the main problem the Apihelper is challenging. You know: Once a beekeeper, always a beekeeper.
Let’s take a look at some of its characteristics:
- Improves speed of regular tasks in beekeeping
- It’s simple to use
- Easy to lift and move heavy loads
- Stable, also on rough terrain
- Multi-functional (forklift upgrade)
- Fits in a car
- Suitable for every type of bee hive
How to operate an Apihelper in 4 steps:
1) Move Apihelper so it’s parallel to the hive.
2) Push both side handles to touch the hive, then lower the handle on Apihelper so side handles firmly grip the hive.
3) Press the button or turn the handlebar to lift the hive (or selected part of the hive).
4) Slightly lean back Apihelper so it’s self-standing on the main steel frame (and leave it there with the hive on it) or drive the hive to another location.
Here is a video showcase of the use of this tool (filmed with the old Apihelper model):
Turn on the captions in English or German by pressing the “CC” icon in the bottom right corner of the video: