Top 7 health benefits of honey and cinnamon combination
Not only in the winter time, people should know that honey and cinnamon can be really great food supplement for improving health. Our parents and grand parents has use is all the time, so why should be forgotten?
Cinnamon is a spice that is used for both sweet and savory dishes. Most popular is in the winter time when your holidays and snow days would not be the same without the smell of cinnamon. Among other things it stimulates the central nervous system and “imitate” insulin, and lowers your blood sugar. Therefore, it is time to get to know him a little closer.
Honey is, as you probably already know, most used natural sweetener. Honey has antioxidant properties such as certain fruit and vegetables, so it is highly recommended that you eat honey after a hard workout. In New Zealand people take advantage of the healing power of Manuka honey, which is used in medicine.
According to people, the combination has some health benefits of honey and cinnamon.
Top 7 Health benefits of honey and cinnamon
1. Cholesterol – studies show that half a teaspoon of cinnamon per day reduces cholesterol.
2. Regulates blood sugar – because cinnamon “imitate” insulin and is also recommended for people who have diabetes type 2.
3. Works antibacterial – is known for honey as for cinnamon, so you can easily use to remove nuisances, such as persistent fungi on the toes. It also works against bacteria and viruses, some US studies have shown that destroys free radicals and thus reduces the development of leukemia and lymphoid cancer cells.
4. Has a great impact on our digestion – if you feel tension in your stomach and you are suffering from digestive winds, cinnamon is definitely the right choice to alleviate or even eliminate such problems.
5. Compresses for the pain of rheumatoid – honey is a great antioxidant and protects the body from the occurrence of chronic diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis and atherosclerosis. “Big four spoons of honey, with a teaspoon of tincture Symphytum officinale,” advises folk healer Alfred Vogel. University of Copenhagen has found that patients who every morning, swallows a teaspoon of honey and half a teaspoon of cinnamon, after a week they reported less pain from arthritis. After a month they apparently could walk without any major problems. As an excellent source of iron, calcium and fiber has an extraordinary effect on the immune system, this pleasant smelling spice should even improved memory and ward off melancholy.
6. Expectoration – forest honey is recommended by the various respiratory diseases: asthma, cough, bronchitis and angina. In addition to honey, also you can use Propolis, which strengthens the immune system.
7. Common cold – health benefits of honey and cinnamon are possible because variable ingredients like vitamins, enzymes, minerals, amino acids… And that are all ingredients that helps with the common cold.
Video for Top 10 Benefits of Honey
If you consume honey and cinnamon in herbal tea don`t forget to wait for the tea to cool under 100 ºF (40ºC).
Cinnamon side effects
Because like all medicine in wrong dosage or combination, it is also by cinnamon important that you do not eat too much and that you are familiar with its side effects.
The first step is to find out the source where cinnamon comes from. Do not buy fake cinnamon, because it has a higher content of coumarin, which is largely responsible for the below listed side effects.
Essential oils of cinnamon should never add directly on the skin more than smaller drops, because you can feel the burning pain.
People with sensitive stomachs or digestive problems should be especially careful and should not consume more than half a teaspoon per day.
If you have sensitive or irregular heart beat, just do not eat more than half a teaspoon per day.
In some traditional medical procedures can be used to speed up or slow down the contractions, therefore cinnamon for pregnant women is not recommended.
If you are taking blood thinners (anticoagulants), cinnamon can improve its effect, so talk to your doctor. If you are taking medicines for lowering blood sugar, also check with your doctor. Do not eat it in large quantities if you are waiting for surgery or if you are during menstruation.
As well cinnamon itself acts as an antibiotic, so do not consume too much when you eat antibiotics because they can alter their effect on your body.
Honey for baby under 1 age is not advisable because they don`t have enzymes in the body that could digest all the ingredients in honey.
Editorial Note: The contents of this post contain information from the oral tradition of the people. For accurate (scientific) efficiency of health benefits of honey and cinnamon, contact your doctor or the relevant research institution.